- What is ITSA(K)
ITSA(K) is the Institute of Trade Standards Administration – Kenya. This is a professional body for legal metrology personnel in Kenya.
TO BE A WORLD CLASS PROFESSIONAL BODY FOR LEGAL METROLOGY
TO CAPACITY BUILD LEGAL METROLOGY PROFESSIONALS AND MANAGE PROFESSIONALISM FOR A JUST SOCIETY IN TRADE, HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL MEASUREMENTS
- To establish, uphold, advance and promote the highest standards of competence and practice amongst its members and to exercise professional ethics.
- To promote the sharing of ideas, opinions and experiences between its members
- To mount courses in matters relating to legal metrology and its enabling legislations
- To provide facilities to promote and encourage research and development in matters relating to legal metrology and the sharing of the same with interested persons
- To train, examine and certify persons as professionals and technicians in legal metrology
- To administer, conduct and control such examinations as may be necessary or desirable to test the knowledge, suitability and competence of persons engaged in, or seeking to be engaged in the administration of legal metrology activities